Nowadays the eyes are under a lot of stress caused by:
- mobile phones
- artificial lighting
- dust in the air
- Exposure to the sun
In this article I want to give you two tips for dry eyes:
Compresses with Ghee
If your eyes are ‘dry’, we suggest you to grease them with ghee by applying a small amount on the eyelids or in the conjunctival bag. For a few minutes you will have a ‘blurred’ vision, but as soon as the ghee is completely absorbed, it will return normal.
Ghee is clarified butter, which is butter completely drained of the water and proteins by the process of heating the butter itself. It should not be cooked and the “foam” that is formed during the process and which I recommend to periodically remove with a spoon, eliminates the substances that encourage getting rancidness.
You can prepare the ghee yourself by following the recipe on this website or you can find it in specialized stores. For your eyes, always buy Bio.
If your vision is fatigued operate palming, a yoga technique that allows you to relax your eyesight.
The ideal location to do it is to sit at the table, with unbound legs,a straight back, and elbows leaning on the table.
- Rub the palms of your hands so vigorously until they become hot.
- Put the palms of your hands a little concave delicately over your eyes, covering them well, without pressing them.
- Continue to keep your back and head straight
- Rest your shoulders and neck
- Leave your eyes to tear and keep your hands in that position for at least 5-10 minutes.
- You can repeat the exercise as often as you like. If you have very tired eyes at least 3 times a day.
Always remember that the eyes are one of the most powerful tools we have to communicate without words.
“A look can get where nothing else fits, is the point where soul and body mix” (Christian Friedrich Hebbel).